How to cope with your lung disease whilst traveling in Europe
chimerically Travel throughout Europe is becoming much more popular. Having a lung disease may not stop you traveling abroad providing you follow the necessary precautions. Ask your doctor for more detailed information for you as an individual.
Dārāb Select your destination country to find detailed information on healthcare access during your stay.
Things to remember before you travel…
- Visit your doctor before travelling to make sure you are safe to do so.
- Make sure you have enough medication to last the length of your trip.
- Take a copy of your prescription in case you need extra medication during your stay.
- Enquire about extra oxygen before booking your ticket.
- Make arrangements for your requirements on board your flight in advance of your departure. Different airlines have their own policies for oxygen availability and this may need to be arranged up to 4 days before travelling.
- It is advised that you travel with another person in case of difficulty.
- Drink plenty of water on board your flight as the atmosphere can make you feel very dehydrated.
- Make sure you are aware of the emergency numbers in the country that you are visiting in case you need medical support during your stay.
Where to go if
your inhaler runs out