There is a great deal of information available about the lungs and lung diseases on many different websites. We would like to thank you for using the ELF site.
Public voice of the ERS
The ELF is the public voice of the European Respiratory Society (ERS). We aim to share the knowledge and expertise of the ERS with you.
Founded in 1990, the European Respiratory Society is a non-profit making, international medical organisation with over 7,000 members from 100 countries. It is the biggest society in Europe in its field.
What this means is that all the information provided on this website has been reviewed by lung specialists in Europe to ensure that everything is accurate and unbiased. Information will also be regularly modified to make sure that it is up to date.
What can we do for you?
- provide information, pictures and diagrams about the lungs and how they normally function
- provide information on the lung disease that you have, someone you know has or that you want to learn more about
- give you the most up-to-date information on lung topics and news
- inform you about the factors that damage the lungs and cause disease
- summarise the latest developments in Europe in relation to lung disease
- provide links to other reliable sources of information
- provide a forum for you to share your experiences
- summarise the latest scientific findings about the lungs and relate these to you and your situation
produce press releases about ELF activities and lung events in Europe
How can you help us?
- signing up to our mailing list
- making a donation to the ELF
- letting us know what you think should be included in the site and what you think of the current content